Saturday, September 15, 2007

Getting Ready To Go

I leave for London tomorrow. My flight leaves Logan around 8:30 am, which means I have to wake up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 am. I get into Heathrow around 8:00 pm British time, so I'm basically in the air all day. I'm flying British Airways; I only hope the food is good (No blood pudding at 25,000 ft, thank you).

I'm actually pretty nervous about all of this; my stomach has had butterflies all week, and I've been plagued with ridiculous dreams involving orientation, classes, London etc. Last night I had a dream in which my new British classmates all ended up being werewolves (aaaahooooo! werewolves in London). Hopefully in reality the culture shock will not be that extreme.

I've packed my life into two big suitcases; one is filled with clothes, the other with shoes and other necessities. I hope I have packed everything I'm going to need over there. Aside from orientation on Monday, I have no idea what lies ahead of me. I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

Stay tuned, readers, for next time I update this blog, it will be from the other side of the pond.

1 comment:

John Wray said...

How excitinggggg. Facebook me when you get there