Thursday, September 20, 2007

Coolest Apartment/Flat Ever

So I moved into my flat yesterday. It's on North Gower street, about a five minute walk from campus and a minute away from the Euston Street tube (subway) stop. It's in central London, and grocery stores, restaurants, and pubs are all short walk away. It's a pretty cool locale.

Our apartment itself is brand new. It has a kitchen/common room, and three double bedrooms. Each double has it's own bathroom. The bedrooms are pretty big too. I live with three other girls and two boys; they're all American. The girls are all very sweet (huge relief- I hate cattiness), but I don't know the boys that well yet. At least they have their own bathroom- I'm spared from boy grunginess.

I'm glad to be living with a bunch of American kids; besides my flat, there are two more flats with American kids in them in this building. Living with other Americans helps deter homesickness, which is a huge relief. We've been navigating the city together. Basically, when it comes to living arrangements, I've lucked out!

One story, and then I'll go....
Yesterday a girl came over to hang out with me and my roommates, and around 11:00 pm she had to go back to her dorm. Her dorm was about twenty minutes away, and it was too dark for her walk home. 'How should I get home?' she asked. 'I don't know how to catch a cab.'
'Oh man, me neither,' said my two roommates.
Enter New York Girl.
'I can do it!' I declared. We walked out unto the main street, and I hailed a cab like a pro. The other girls, all from the South, were really impressed, and I felt like a Bad Ass.
'I could never do that,' they said enviously. 'I'd be too scared.'
Yeah, Annie can handle it.