Friday, September 28, 2007

Brief Update

I only have a few minutes of access to a computer, so I wanted to give my loyal readers (even if there's only 2 or 3 of you) a quick update.
I'm in Dublin for the weekend with my roommate, and it's been pretty interesting. There are many things to tell you about when I get back, including:
Staying overnight in an airport
Sleeping in a hostel
Going to an Irish pub
Issues with Gaelic
Visits to Neolithic gigantic monuments (coolness)
Ridiculously cold temperatures
And other stuff.
Tomorrow I'm spending the day strictly in Dublin. On Sunday I will tell you all about my crazy Irish adventures. Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie, I meant to tell you on the phone that I, Nana, speak a wee bit of Gaelic garnered from my parents and a cute Irish boy whose dad had a bar on Third Ave. NYC 100 years ago and he used to sing to me in Gaelic. If one says, "Kee hee wiltho (how are you?), one answers "Thomogomaig" (I'm fine) or something similar...strictly improperly written but that's how it sounded. I can still bless myself and say the Hail Mary in Gaelic but don't ask me to spell it. Besides, Mary was Jewish. Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Annie,
I hitchhiked out of Dublin with my Scottish friend Wendy (back in 1983)...somehow we got to Galway none the worse for wear. But I remember riding in the backseat of this man's car, and suddenly I thought I heard the overture to "Tommy" on the radio--are you familiar with the very beginning of it? And I said, "Wow--the overture to 'Tommy!' I love The Who!" And the man looked back at me like I was a total moron and said, "That't the Angelus."

I hope you have a great time!! Love, Aunt Kieran

Rob Wray said...

Kieran, you were probably drinking. All songs sound alike when you've had too much Guiness!
Love, Uncle Rob